- Open, extract, and create 200+ archive types: ACE, CAB, DEB, ISO, PEA, RAR, TAR, WIM, ZIPX, ZPAQ, XZ
- Last updated on 10/07/20
- There have been 6 updates within the past 6 months
- The current version has 0 flags on VirusTotal
PeaZIP is a compact utility that you can use to open or create different types of compressed files for various purposes. This program offers a basic yet versatile set of features to enable you to manage your compressed files effectively.
Password Manager: The Password Manager feature of this program allows you to set a Master Password for all of the files you create through PeaZIP. You can also set individual passwords for editing purposes.
Compression options: Not only does this program give you the ability to open more than 150 file types, it also lets you convert them to other types, and to compress your own files. Some compression format options include 7Z, ARC, BZip2, Self-extracting 7Z, Self-extracting ARC, and many more. You can also select the compression level, create a new archive, or add files to an existing one.
Operating speed: When it comes to speed, PeaZIP is not quite as quick as other similar programs. This doesn’t translate into a major inconvenience, though.
PeaZIP is a straightforward program to use, and it’s completely free. While it might not perform quite at the level of some of the paid products available, it’s definitely an option worth checking out.
- GUI refresh and improved working with 7Z, ARC, PEA, RAR, and ZIPX archive types.
- Use new fast compression algorithms in 7Z format: Brotli, Fast-LZMA2, Lizard, LZ4, LZ5, and Zstandard are now available, providing faster-than-Deflate compression with better speed-to-compression-ratio efficiency.
- PEA now supports multiple cascade encryption, i.e. AES+Twofish+Serpent, each 256 bit in EAX mode.
- RAR archives are now fully read-write supported from PeaZip if Rar.exe is featured in the system: it is possible to update, edit, rename, and delete files in existing RAR archives, and more RAR-specific options are supported (set comment, lock archive, header encryption, set recovery records percentage).
- ZIPX archives can now be edited, and it is possible to optionally use .zipx extension when creating non-Deflate compressed .zip archives.
- Repair ARC and RAR files and even attempt recovery if the archive cannot be opened for browsing.
- 210 file extensions can now be managed by PeaZip.
- Translations are available in over than 30 languages.
PeaZip for Windows (64-bit) is a free ZIP software optimized for WIN64 systems. The application is based on powerful and solid Open Source technology of 7-Zip for managing mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source tools (like FreeARC, PAQ, UPX) for supporting special purpose file formats and features, in order to provide a flexible zip/unzip/unrar utility featuring a comprehensive and user friendly GUI that, unlike most archive managers (i.e. WinZip and WinRar), is natively portable and cross-platform.
Create 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, *PAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, TAR, UPX, WIM, XZ, ZIP files
Open and extract over 200 archive types: RAR, ACE, ARJ, CAB, DEB, DMG, ISO, LHA, RPM, UDF, ZIPX files.
PeaZip is localized in over than 30 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats, including many encrypted archive standards, supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, hashing, find duplicate files, convert archives), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure deletion).
The distinctive trait of PeaZip is the innovative and easy to use compression/extraction interface, more similar to CD burners interfaces rather than to a classic file compressor. This design makes extremely simple to check (and update) items set for compression and extraction, integrating a full featured file manager component.
Also, tasks created in the GUI can be easily saved and scheduled as batch scripts, in order to automate backup and restore operations, or for fine tuning, or for learning purpose, bridging the gap between the ease of use of GUI applications and power and flexibility of console.
what is a license key for windows?
A product key is a 25-character code used to activate Windows and help ensure that it is not installed on more PCs than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow.
What is a PC license key?
A license key is a database that verifies access to a licensed software application. This type of software security prevents software theft. And allows organizations to protect their software from being copied or shared with unauthorized licensed users.
How do I install programs?Locate and download a .exe file.
Click on the .exe file and double-click it. (It will usually be in your Downloads folder.)
A dialog box will appear. Follow the instructions to install the software.
You will be able to install the software.