- Bring new enjoyment to audio listening with the advanced versatility of profound sound reproduction
- Last updated on 09/29/20
- There have been 4 updates within the past 6 months
- The current version has 1 flag on VirusTotal
Foobar2000 is an advanced audio player known for its highly modular design, breadth of features, and substantial user flexibility in configuration. Some of the basic features include ReplayGain support, low memory footprint, and native support for many popular audio file formats.
Natively supported (“out-of-the-box”) audio formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, Musepack, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, Speex, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU/SND, CDDA, WMA, Matroska, ALAC, MMS, RSTP, Opus.
Audio formats supported through optional components: TTA, Monkey’s Audio, MOD, SPC, Shorten, OptimFROG, AC3, DTS, PSF, NSF, XID, XA, TAK, AMR.
In addition, Foobar2000 can also play audio files within ZIP and RAR archives (typically compressed) directly, i.e. without requiring the user to extract the files first.
– Gapless playback.
– Easily customizable user interface layout.
– Advanced tagging capabilities.
– Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
– Full ReplayGain support.
– Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
– Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
- Added support for HLS: HTTP Live Streaming. To use, add internet M3U8 file through Add Location dialog.
- Enabled icy-metadata support for Ogg FLAC internet radio streams.
- Updated Properties / ReplayGain page layout if editing a single file.
- Improved Properties dialog performance, list of autocomplete entries is populated asynchronously.
- Enabled embedded album art loading from raw .AAC files with ID3 tags.
- Updated FFmpeg to 4.3.1.
- Added support for playing Matroska A_MS/ACM content.
- Fixes for rare AAC codec configurations that FFmpeg doesn’t fully support – an add-on decoder can override the built-in one for such special cases.
- Decoders are now made aware of output sample rate (from Windows Mixer settings) and can decode certain formats directly to the intended sample rate, skipping potential resampling steps.
- Fixed “fade on manual track change” setting not being used since version 1.6.
- Changing volume no longer affects Windows Mixer sliders; restarting Foobar2000 no longer resets Windows Mixer slider to 100%.
- Mitigated crash when initiating drag&drop of a very large number of songs (such as Album List “all music”).
- Enabled support for 7-zip archives using PPMd compression.
what is a license key for windows?
A product key is a 25-character code used to activate Windows and help ensure that it is not installed on more PCs than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow.
What is a PC license key?
A license key is a database that verifies access to a licensed software application. This type of software security prevents software theft. And allows organizations to protect their software from being copied or shared with unauthorized licensed users.
How do I install programs?Locate and download a .exe file.
Click on the .exe file and double-click it. (It will usually be in your Downloads folder.)
A dialog box will appear. Follow the instructions to install the software.
You will be able to install the software.